The Big Tex Junk Removal Company Policies
1. Guidance, walk-trough and payment. The customer or his or her's representative must be present during the Junk haul at all times. We need your guidance! It is customer’s responsibility to do a final “walk-through” of the premises to ensure we have taken everything. Our time runs continuously until all tools and equipment are back in the truck and payment is completed. Having your cash, or credit/debit card ready will save you time and money. Please note: We DO NOT accept checks. For the credit card payment your name and name on the credit card should match. You will be asked to sign for credit card payment. We charge 3% convenience fee for this service.
2. Long distance and Business Organization Hauls. We require a deposit at the time of the appointment bookings of 30% of the job. If you wish to pay using a credit or debit card you must inform us prior to your delivery and make appropriate arrangements with our office. We charge 3% convenience fee for this service.
3. Parking arrangements. Customer is responsible for requesting moving permits for our truck and trailer access if ones may be required. We can only recommend getting permits for all junk hauls as they guarantee parking the truck as close as possible to your doorway. Because you are familiar with the parking situation on your street, you must decide if you need one or if you can manage parking on your own. In most cases we require 20-40 feet to park the truck. Please get parking permits if you think we may have trouble parking at your address or let us know, so we can take appropriate arrangements for you. We highly recommend getting permits in Down Town areas. If there is nowhere to park at the time of BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL's arrival, the crew may decline the job on the spot to maintain the safety and usability of our equipment. Driver reserves the right to park anywhere at his discretion to better perform services, even if it is illegal and/or he has to double-park. Customer agrees to pay any parking fees or tickets assessed to the carrier for any vehicle under hire by the customer at the time of the charge.
4. Loading. If BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL is only providing loading services, we are not responsible for any damages, which may occur in transporting the items and is released of all liability. We are only responsible control.
5. Payment. You must pay in full at completion of the job. We accept cash, or VISA/MC/DISCOVER/AMEX, PayPal, and in some cases CRYPTO currency. (Please call for details) If you wish to pay by credit card, we charge 3% convenience fee.
6. Damages and claims. Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department. Applicable notes about these damages must be made in writing on the bill of lading on the day of your junk haul before we leave your premises. Our company standards do assume a full inspection of your location by both our crew and customers, however the final inspection is the responsibility of the customer. All of our customers sign a bill of lading upon completion of a junk haul. It reads “I have inspected my premises, including but not limited to elevators, floors, and stairwells. There are no damages except as noted. BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL has completed the job requested.” For any insurance company this document is critical in noting charges the same day, to ensure the damage occurred that day and that coverage could be provided. Unless payment is made in full as is due we are not required to answer or process a claim. Do not assume you may deduct the money from the final bill to compensate yourself in the event of damage. This is ILLEGAL.
7. Refrigerator haul. We only remove empty freezers/refrigerators. Please empty the contents for safe moving.
8. Aquarium haul. We only remove empty aquariums. (This means empty of water, and also empty of all living creatures).
9. Grandfather clocks. You are responsible for insuring that the clocks are not bolted down and the exit way is clear.
10. Waterbed. If you have a waterbed, we will be glad to remove it. However, we are not waterbed technicians. We will follow your instructions, but you must make a final inspection before our crew leaves.
11. Dresser Drawers, File Cabinets, Desk Drawers. Please empty all dresser drawers, file cabinets and desk drawers. Remember that the furniture will have to be lifted and carried, so if it’s overstuffed and extra heavy it will be more difficult to handle within your home. If the furniture will have to be navigated through challenging obstacles, like a winding staircase, it’s usually best to remove everything, even the drawers, as it may be necessary to flip the furniture on its side or upside-down to get it through.
12. Last minute change of service. If the junk haul requires work above and beyond the original order for services, BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work. For example, you have originally ordered services for two (2) sofas. On the day of the haul you added additional items not mentioned at the time of the request, additional drop offs etc., which will significantly increase total junk haul. In order to make our schedule on time for the next customer hauls, we reserve the right to postpone additionally requested services till our next availability and/or after completion of other jobs that day.
13. Flat screen TVs. These are susceptible to damage when carrying away from your home.
14. Weather conditions. BIG TEX Junk Removal reserves the right to reschedule the move at an agreed upon time, without liability if there is inclement weather, including, but not limited to heavy/freezing rain, snow emergency, tornado or hurricane warning, weather travel ban etc.
15. Crew size. BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL reserves the right to choose number of crew for each job, depending on our current schedule, availability, weather conditions etc. BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL reserves the right to send extra men and/or truck during the day to complete a job.
16. Driver hours and regulations. We reserve the right to limit our workday. In certain cases, due to DOT hours of service rules for drivers, we may need to cut a job short or send a replacement driver to avoid violating those regulations.
17. Appliances. BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL is not responsible for damage to plumbing, electrical systems, or for water damage associated with the disconnection of any and all appliances.
18. Heavy and oversized item removal. Our personnel will happily remove pianos, appliances, and items over 200 pounds if indeed the work can be done safely. Unfortunately, damage may result to floor surfaces. If you wish to take this risk Raimond’s Movers Inc. will not be responsible. Please note item #16 in our EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY.
19. Piano move. We do not move large upright pianos up or down flights of stairs inside the house. We only move pianos from ground to ground floor. Exterior stairs are fine, but we encourage sending us pictures of entrances at each location, so that we can confirm that we can move your piano. There may be circumstances when we cannot safely remove items and will need to discuss the situation with you.
20. Safe Pathways & Access to abode. Please ensure that your walkways are safe especially in the winter and if there are any access problems: hills, long unpaved driveways, loose gravel, etc., please let us know. BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL will not take a truck off pavement or on steep grades. BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL will not drive a truck over freshly graveled driveways, lawn sidewalk or other area not designated for truck traffic. Doing so may cause ruts in the grass, cracking of concrete, loss of vegetation, damage to underground sprinklers, drain fields or other damage. BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL is not responsible for any damage or towing charges, which may result, whether foreseeable or not. Any time spent positioning the truck(s) or time lost due to truck(s) getting stuck will be at customer's expense.
21. Reschedule and Cancelation fee. Our reservations calendar is critical to our success at BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL - it controls the staffing of jobs, and our ability to provide accurate estimates. Changes to our reservations calendar has a ripple effect in our business systems and can affect other customers. That being said, we do understand that things come up. We have a well-thought out set of cancellation policies designed to secure our calendar at busy times, and therefore ensure the satisfaction of all of our customers. Read our cancelation policy here BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL CANCELATION POLICY.
22. Right of Refusal. BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL will not do anything that we feel is unsafe. We reserve the right not to service you under dangerous, unsanitary, or abusive conditions the determination of which is at our sole discretion and we will not be liable to you or any other entity for direct or consequential damages. BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL will not work in unfloored attics. Ceiling damage and personal injury may result. BIG TEX JUNK REMOVAL assumes no responsibility for ceilings.
23. Kids and pets. For safety reasons and their protection, small children and pets must be out of work area.
24. Tipping. Tipping is not as customary as tipping in restaurants or taxis. However, if you feel you have been treated especially well. You can give it to your foreman who will split it with the crew.